Tuesday, January 19, 2016

The Maroon Bells - My Favorite Place

        My favorite place is called the Maroon Bells. It is a state park in Colorado, just outside of Aspen. This summer I interned in Denver and spent my whole summer planning a backpacking trip to this state park with one of my buddies. Our trip was one of the most incredible experiences I have ever had. I had never seen just so much natural beauty in one place before, it was truly breathtaking. I have attached a picture below so that you can see for yourself.


Maroon Bells outside of Aspen, CO

     As you can see, it is gorgeous. This is one of my favorite places because of the natural beauty, but also because of the memories I have made there. My buddy and I camped by the lake in the above picture, and hiked a 30 mile loop trail that went all the way around the mountains you can see in the back of the picture. I had a great time on the trip with him, and it is a place I will be back to soon.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Mac, this picture is AMAZING. What a great way to convey the meaning of this unusual place name: I had never heard of Maroon Bells. My dad has spent a lot more time in Colorado than I have: I will ask him if he has been there! Maybe you will want to do a project for this class about mountains and their legends... as you can imagine, there are many mountains all over the world that have inspired people to tell some great stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is really breathtaking! I have only been to Colorado in the winter so I have only spent my time on the slopes covered in snow. I would love to be able to hike there someday. My best friend just moved to Colorado so hopefully I'll be able to go and I'll suggest to her that we go here! I haven't heard of the Maroon Bells before but now it's getting added to my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete