Thursday, January 21, 2016

UnTextbook Reading Decision

I have decided to make my unit for week 2 Aesop's Fables. I chose this because ever since I was a child I have enjoy reading fables.

Some of the other units that interested me are the Adam and Eve, Beowulf, and Robin Hood.

I chose the Adam and Eve unit because I think it will be very interesting to hear the story from so many different writers and angles. I chose the Beowulf unit because I have always hear about him, but have never actually read anything about him. I also chose the unit about Robin Hood, because I have always enjoyed stories about him.


Robin Hood and Little John by L. Rhead 
Source: Wikimedia

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to meet another fable fan, Mac! I am kind of obsessed with fables, and hey, they ARE one of the most important folktale traditions in the world, so my obsession is justified. There are actually four different Aesop units in the class (the two Greek units, plus an English unit and a French one)... and you might really like the Jataka tales in the India unit: they are like Aesop's fables, stories told by the Buddha himself about his previous incarnations. Very cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete