Friday, January 22, 2016

Storybook Favorites

The first storybook that I read was Kindergarten Shenanigans. This storybook is really interesting, because it is fables written for kindergarten students. The fables teach the same lessons, the writer just re-wrote them from the point of view that a kindergartener could understand, changing the wording to make the stories more relatable for the kids. I think it is a very neat and intriguing idea, one that I could use for inspiration whenever I write my own storybook. 

The second storybook that I read was Louisiana Animal Folk Tales. This storybook is about written from the point of view of an alligator, telling stories about other animals. The intro is good and very well written, makes me as the reader want to find out what this storybook is about! I also really like the banner around the sides, with all of the beads for Mardi Gras. Fits the alligator being from New Orleans very well. This is a strong storybook, but I think I will try to make my layout a little more crisp. 

The third storybook, and the one my picture I have attached below is from, is the Tale of the Traveling Cat. I chose this one because the layout of the storybook is wonderful, very pleasing to the eye. I love that picture of the cat! That is not the first time I have seen it, but it always makes me laugh. This storybook is very well laid out, and is about a cat that has time revolving sunglasses. I really like how you can scroll through the different stories at the top of the page, and the images that accompany each story are also great and very fitting. This is the most complete storybook that I read today, one that I will have to take a look at before I create my own. 



Cat from the Tale of the Traveling Cat blog
Source: Memeorama

No comments:

Post a Comment